Monday, November 8, 2010

About My Term Research Paper

I approached my research by going to news websites and typing in the keywords facebook, myspace, and twitter. I also spent a majority of my time to try and understand all aspects of social networking websites. I used my previous knowledge from what I learned in class and what I’ve learned doing research. I tried to formulate a plan of how to execute my information, organizing it and implementing my paper in the most efficient and effective way to best get my point across. I learned an exponential amount from my project; I’ve learned that there is a lot more dangers from social networking than I had first assumed. I chose this topic because I have always been interested in the concept of social networks. To add to that, I was looking into ways to implement social networking ideas for my company (can’t reveal what it is) that hopefully can be revolutionary and make me billions. So I felt it necessary for me to select this as my topic.  
                All in all I came to the conclusion; the internet can be both a good and bad thing. The benefits enhance life and our everyday experience by allowing us to gain useful information that we can easily put to use. Every time we log on to the internet we come away with new information that broadens our horizons. The only drawback to this is that we risk our lives and safety every time. And for what? A three minute clip of a man showing us how to drive a ski boat? The point I am hoping to have expressed is that it is not worth it. Networking on the internet as opposed to in real life is more dangerous and makes it easier for you to make yourself open to attack. Whenever you post something on the internet be wary because it never goes away. Next time you decide to log on, beware.
            My paper contributes to the field of new media, because it gives an idea to make it better. It exposes the negatives and forces people to look into a way to improve the phenomena of new media

No comments:

Post a Comment